Storm Christoph is continuing to impact on our lives throughout the village. Although SKDC is not the flood authority, we have teams working with our partners across the county and listed some vital contact details below.
To report flooding in your local area telephone Lincolnshire County Council on 01522 782082. When reporting a flooding incident, please provide as much factual information as possible.
Please do dial 999 if the situation becomes really acute, that is homes and lives are at risk. This information was given to me by the fire officers when they ‘rescued’ us on 23rd December.
- Up-to-date flood warnings and alerts can be found here: https://flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk/warnings?location=Lincolnshire
- Advice and information can be found at the SKDC website with updates on our social media channels:
- The Met Office has the very latest weather forecasts and updates: https://www.metoffice.gov.uk
- You can also register to receive the Environment Agency’s flood warnings: https://www.gov.uk/sign-up-for-flood-warnings
- Our local radio stations give updates on road closures.
SKDC’s emergency planning teams are supporting us, but they do not have all the assets at their command. The County Council number above is the one to contact.
Just to let you all know that Dole Wood Ward which I am privileged to serve, is third least affected by the coronavirus with just 46 cases currently reported and several of these are residents at one of the care homes. So, please wear a mask even in the open, keep your distance and stay safe.
Barry M Dobson, Deputy Leader, South Kesteven District Council.
Member for the Dole Wood Ward (includes Thurlby & Northorpe).